Neurosurgery at Franciscan Healthcare specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the brain, central nervous system, and spinal column. We provide brain, back and functional neurosurgical procedures. The Neurosurgery department serves adolescent through elderly patients.
Neurosurgery services include:
- For the Spine:
- Cervical/Thoracic/Lumbar degenerative disease (decompressions and fusions)
- Management of spinal fractures, including surgery
- Spinal tumors, both intrinsic and metastatic
- Minimally-invasive spine surgery
- Cranial Surgery:
- Tumors, both intrinsic and metastatic, biopsy and resection, including awake craniotomies with mapping
- Subdural hematomas/hygromas
- Hydrocephalus (including normal pressure hydrocephalus, NPH), shunting and third ventriculostomy Evaluation of aneurysms
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and cavernous malformations
- Peripheral nerve:
- Carpal tunnel, ulnar nerve decompression/transposition, occipital neuralgia
Neurosurgery services require a referral. Please contact your primary care provider to discuss your condition to see if these services are for you.
Hours and Location:
The clinic is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. A neurosurgeon is on call 24/7.
We are located on the first floor of the La Crosse Campus Clinic Building
For more Information:
Please call 608-392-9831