The Foundation supports the healing mission of Mayo Clinic Health System - Franciscan Healthcare.
Franciscan Healthcare provides medical care and services to people in southwestern Wisconsin, northeast Iowa and southeastern Minnesota. In addition to the main campus in La Crosse, WI, Franciscan Healthcare operates a clinic and hospital in Sparta, WI, plus 8 regional clinics.
The Foundation was established in 1973 and serves as a link between philanthropy and opportunities to enhance local healthcare. Through a comprehensive development program, the Foundation actively raises funds within communities served by Mayo Clinic Health System - Franciscan Healthcare and from other sources. In turn, these funds provide support for:
- Programs that address unmet healthcare needs in the community
- Advancements in patient care facilities, technology and equipment
- Expanded access to services for disadvantaged groups
- Medical research and education
- Maintenance of a comprehensive spectrum of healthcare services
- Recruitment, development and training of healthcare employees
- Other health-related initiatives within Mayo Clinic Health System – Franciscan Healthcare
With the help of generous benefactors, the Foundation provides roughly $1 million in funding for healthcare programs and services each year.