For fans and spectators of the event, here are a few things to keep in mind as you come to the Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival:
- Each team will have its own “campsite” at Copeland Park.
- There will be plenty of space for spectators to watch and cheer on their favorite teams.
- Dragon boat memorabilia such as shirts, buffs and jewelry will be available for purchase.
- Information stations and volunteers will be available throughout the park to answer questions.
- There will be activities, inflatables and a playground for children.
- Find shade and seating to eat and relax in the Community Tent.
- Review this map for parking and activity locations.
- Park in the Veteran’s Freedom Park location (across the Black River) or in the streets near Copeland Park.
- Visitors needing assistance can be dropped off by the baseball field entrance.
- Copeland Park Drive will be closed from late Friday afternoon through Saturday evening. Boathouse owners will have limited access throughout Friday and Saturday.
- The Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition will provide a secure bike corral in Copeland Park for riders on Friday evening and all day Saturday.
A shuttle will run between Veteran's Freedom Park and Loggers Stadium from 9am to 4pm on Saturday, July 15. From 7am to 9am and 3pm to 4pm the shuttle will run every 15 minutes. From 9am to 3pm, the shuttle will run every 30 minutes.
Vendors will be selling food and beverages in Copeland Park. Water will also be sold throughout the park. A portion of their sales will support the Center for Breast Care.
The entertainment schedule for Saturday includes:
9am to 11am: Balloons by Kevin
10am to 2pm: Wacky Bounce House and Gladiator Joust from The Big E
11am to 2pm: Caricaturist in the Community Tent
2pm to 4pm: Magic by Isaiah
The Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival will happen rain or shine. If thunderstorms move through, racing will be suspended until it’s safe to be back out on the water.
In the event of a medical emergency, paramedics will be available on the festival grounds.