All respiratory therapy programs require their students to apply principles, concepts and critical-thinking skills learned in the classroom in an acute care and/or clinic setting. Clinical experiences in the health care setting are an integral part of the education process and we are pleased to support these experiences.
To initiate the Respiratory Therapy Clinical Experience, complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the Clinical Experience Request Form.
Once accepted, and you are provided with preceptor information:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Watch the following EMR videos:
- EMR Orientation.
- EMR Care Compass Overview.
- Review the following EMR quick references:
- EMR Login Instructions.
- Care Compass Overview.
- Care Compass Single-Patient View.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you have received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.
If you have any questions, contact the academic coordinator at 507-304-7272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.