Master of Nursing programs require students to complete clinical hours focused on system-improvement projects where they can apply principles, concepts and critical-thinking skills. These experiences are an integral part of the nursing education process and we are pleased to support these experiences.
To initiate the Master of Nursing Clinical/Preceptorship Experience, complete the following steps:
- Submit a Clinical Experience Request Form.
Once accepted for a clinical placement:
- Review the Student Orientation Packet.
- Print, sign and submit to your academic organization, the Student Signature Page.
- Watch the following electronic medical record (EMR) videos:
- EMR Orientation.
- EMR Care Compass Overview.
- Review the following EMR quick references (if you will be accessing the EMR):
- EMR Login Instructions.
- Care Compass Overview.
- Care Compass Single-Patient View.
- Contact your preceptor to determine an initial meeting and ongoing schedule.
- Ensure you received your LAN ID/password information prior to your first day.
- Refer to the Student Parking Lot Map for parking information.
Click here to access the documents referenced above.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the Master of Nursing Clinical/Preceptorship Experience.