The health professionals in the Social Services & Case Management Department are dedicated to assisting you with your emotional, medical, financial and behavioral health needs. The department consists of registered nurses and social workers who have extensive experience in determining patients’ needs during and after their hospital stays, as well as thorough knowledge in available resources within the community and how to connect with them.
Call 715-838-3139 if you have questions or need assistance.
Some of the things the case managers and social workers assist with include:
- Support and encourage patients and families
- Provide support and education for families during crisis and end-of-life situations
- Listen to your concerns find ways to meet your needs
Resources and Coordination of Services
- Assist you with completing advance directives
- Provide you with transitional care unit, nursing home and other types of post-hospital care resources
- Be a resource for new families and newborns
- Provide information on senior dining and programs, such as Meals on Wheels
- Provide education to patients and families
- Arrange interpreter and translator services
- Arrange home health and hospice care
- Help you arrange transportation
- Facilitate patient care conferences with your health care team
- Explore ways to help you manage your health care needs
- Provide information on Medicare and other public benefits
- Provide your insurance company with the information needed to pay your bill
- Provide information on free medical and dental clinics and charity care
Most of all, we are here to be an advocate for you during your hospital stay and throughout your recovery so you can concentrate on getting — and staying — well.