The Oncology Department and Mayo Clinic Radiation Oncology are located together in the Albert J. and Judith A. Dunlap Cancer Center, 1221 Whipple St. The Cancer Center opened in February 2011 and offers:
- Integration of medical oncology, Mayo Clinic radiation oncology, chemotherapy treatment areas, radiation therapy and physician exam rooms.
- Chemotherapy treatment areas that allow patients to choose the amount of social interaction they prefer.
- A specific lab area for patients requiring lab work.
- Workflow patterns and improvements in ergonomics to provide seamless delivery of care — improving communication among physicians, staff, patients and their families — resulting in improved outcomes and better patient experiences.
- Enhanced capabilities meaning fewer patients need to leave Eau Claire for treatment.
- Artwork specifically selected to sustain attention and reduce stress.
- Dedicated parking and private entrance to provide convenience for chemotherapy and radiation patients.
- A healing environment with a strong tie to nature and dedicated to energy conservation.
View a virtual tour of the new Luther Building and the Albert J. and Judith A. Dunlap Cancer Center.