Fortunately, back pain for most people does go away on its own in two to four weeks. However, you should schedule an office visit with your primary care provider or the Spine & Neurological Surgery Department if your back pain:
- Is constant or intense pain, especially at night or when you lie down
- Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain extends below your knee
- Causes weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
- Occurs with swelling or redness on your back
- Occurs with unintended weight loss
- Occurs with new bowel or bladder control problems
You can schedule your appointment by calling 715-838-1950.