Hospice is comfort and care for the terminally ill and their families. It is making the best of whatever time is remaining.
- It is home.
- It is comfort.
- It is warmth.
People faced with a condition that medical treatment can't cure can gain strength and support in the hospice program.
We provide care wherever the patient calls home. The home can be a private residence, apartment, town house, assisted living facility, independent living facility, nursing home or group home.
Hospice is appropriate for people with a limited life expectancy who no longer wish to pursue aggressive treatment. The goal of hospice is to eliminate pain while providing guidance and support to our patients and their families. Hospice can be discontinued and resumed at any time.
- Pain and symptom management
- Visiting nurses
- On-call nursing service 24/7
- Home health aide and homemaker services
- Emotional support and chaplaincy services
- Rehabilitation therapist (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Nutritional assessments
- Medical equipment, supplies and medications
- Respite care
- In-hospital care (as needed)
- Bereavement and counseling support to assist family members and significant others in the grief process that occurs with the terminal illness and death of a loved one
Requesting hospice services can be done by anyone. Call 1-800-236-8408 (toll-free) for more information.