Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is the only Level II verified Adult Trauma Center in northwest Wisconsin. By maintaining verification from the American College of Surgeons, the toughest trauma credentialing agency in the world, we provide the highest level of trauma care available in the region.
Trauma patients are met by a highly trained team of experts, including:
- Emergency physician
- Trauma surgeon
- Nurses trained in trauma care
- Nurse or physician anesthesiologist
- Respiratory therapist
- Laboratory technician
- Radiology technician
- CT scan technician
What does "Level II American College of Surgeons (ACS) Verified Trauma Center" mean?
- A lifesaving trauma surgeon is at the patient's bedside in less than 15 minutes.
- A physician and nurse specially trained in caring for trauma patients are present in the Emergency Department 24/7.
- An immediately available operating room 24/7 for emergency cases.
- Physicians specializing in orthopedics, neurosurgery and anesthesiology are available within 20 minutes when needed.
- A systematic improvement process addresses system issues and continually improves patient care.
- A rigorous on-site inspection every three years by the American College of Surgeons when we must prove our ability to provide optimal trauma care.