You get the most advanced technology at the HERS Breast Center, including:
- Breast MRI
- Dedicated ultrasound — A dedicated breast ultrasound unit gives you same-day access when required and allows physicians to perform ultrasound-guided biopsies.
- Digital mammography — This decreases the amount of radiation you receive and improves image quality. Both 2-D and 3-D tomosynthesis are offered.
- 3-D digital breast biopsy
- Vacuum-assisted biopsy — This state-of-the-art technology removes a larger tissue sample for a more accurate diagnosis with the same small incision. This system also allows for pain medication to be injected simultaneously, which reduces the need for oral medications and sedation. In addition, a small clip can be placed in the breast tissue for future reference which can be used for ultrasound-guided biopsies.
- CAD (computer aided diagnosis) — Also known as second look, this technology helps radiologists detect breast cancer earlier by highlighting characteristics commonly associated with breast cancer.
- Bone density test — This simple, painless screening test is used to detect osteoporosis in both women and men. HERS provides this service, along with a separate waiting area for men who require the test.