Our service is staffed by pharmacists and nurse clinicians with advanced clinical training in anticoagulation management. During your visit, you can expect the following:
- A visit taking approximately 10-15 minutes
- A finger stick blood draw (your INR)
- Discussion with the pharmacist or nurse during which you receive your blood test result, go over any issues related to taking coumadin, and receive dosing directions.
- Additional education (if needed) along with a print-out summary of the INR result and dosing
- Your next appointment date and time
If you are new to the anticoagulation service, extra time will be spent with you as coordination of your specific needs for warfarin therapy warrant.