We believe it's important for healthcare consumers to have access to patient safety information so they can make objective choices about their health care options.
We also believe it's an important part of the patient/physician relationship to be able to view information on our patient safety efforts.
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire has a number of patient safety initiatives in process. Patient safety is an integral part of our operations, and we're proud of our efforts. Mayo Clinic Health System hospitals and clinics work together as a team to identify and enhance patient safety efforts.
- We believe our quality data and patient safety data shows our organization to be delivering care equivalent to, or better than, care delivered elsewhere in the United States. We have used our resources wisely and efficiently to deliver the best possible care, yet we are committed to even higher quality of care, service and safety.
- We have a strong referral system with Mayo Clinic and other health care providers for complex cases.
- We provide the appropriate level of care in the appropriate location.
- We are implementing an electronic medical record system. This system helps us store all patient data and records in an easily accessible location.
You, as the patient, also play a vital role in making your care safe by becoming an active, involved and informed member of your care.
For more information on patient safety, refer to this site:
Institute for Safety Medication Practice: www.ismp.org