Camp Wabi is:
- A 12-day camp designed to provide a safe, fun and comprehensive program aimed at achieving healthy body weights in overweight children.
- A partnership between Mayo Clinic Health System and the Eau Claire YMCA.
- Based on a successful program started at Baylor University in Houston, Texas.
- A family experience! Parents learn how they contribute to their child’s weight management and health attitude.
Children take part in camp activities typically found at any other summer camp. Campers will work on crafts, play games, have fun in the water, learn new skills and, most importantly, make new friends.
One hour each day will be spent learning from physicians, dietitians, behavioral therapists and recreational therapists on how to change habits, nutrition and activity.
Two camp reunions at the Eau Claire YMCA will be part of this experience.
The cost to run camp is more than $1,200, but with the support of donors and Mayo Clinic Health System, we are able to offer camp for less. We are able to provide three tier price options that you
can select based on your personal situation. These do not require any additional paperwork.
- $400 Tier C — This option is for those who need a discounted rate but may not qualify for financial assistance.
- $600 Tier B — This price is for families who need to adjust down slightly from the true cost.
- $800 Tier A — This price most accurately reflects the cost of camp, taking into account basic upkeep, depreciation, and facility/program improvements.
- Financial Assistance — We offer further support for those who are unable to pay at the above levels. This support is awarded based on household income and number of people in a household.
Camp Wabi brochure
View a video about Camp Wabi.
Visit Camp Wabi's website.