Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire recycles many of the items we use regularly. Some of these are:
- 7,575 pounds (3.78 tons) of surgical instruments recycled.
- 7,315 pounds (3.65 tons) of batteries recycled
- 59,332 pounds (28.6 tons) of waste diverted from the landfill through food waste composting program
- 15,598 pounds (7.79 tons) of plastic diverted from the landfill through our reusable sharps container programs
- 3,000+ printer toner cartridges recycled
- Wood, metal, cardboard, paper, newsprint, magazines, used oil, wood pallets, plastics, electronics, surgical blue wrap and other materials also are recycled
Did you know?
- By recycling one aluminum can, you'll save enough energy to run a computer for three hours or a TV for two hours.
- By reducing your paper usage and preventing a single ton of paper waste, you'll save 15 to 17 mature trees.
- By recycling one glass bottle, you'll save enough energy to operate a 100-watt light bulb for four hours.