Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is proud to be one of 10 local businesses to receive the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce’s inaugural “Green Business” designation. Businesses submitted applications for consideration and were evaluated against defined criteria pertaining to recycling, waste prevention, energy and water conservation, as well as environmentally sustainable practices in purchasing, transportation and environmental advocacy among employees.
Examples of Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire’s environmental practices include:
- Installing energy-efficient light bulbs and other energy-saving devices that saved more than 900,000 kilowatts of electricity in one year.
- Recycling more than 90 percent of waste materials from new construction.
- Adding low-flow aerators to faucets to reduce water consumption.
- Landscaping with native plants that require minimal watering or maintenance.
- Donating unused food to the St. Francis Food Pantry.
We’re committed to being a good neighbor to our community and our environment. This award let’s us know we are moving in the right direction.