The eLearning Childbirth Education Program is an option for those parents who cannot attend conventional prenatal classes or would like home-based education. It may also be used as a “refresher” course or to reinforce what you learned in class.
It is an interactive web-based program that includes animated illustrations, videos and voice-overs and can be viewed on a PC, Mac or mobile devices. High speed internet is advised, but dial-up will work; it will take longer to download.
The program includes:
- Access to the eLearning program. A handbook and other written materials will be sent to you by mail.
- One face-to-face class with a registered nurse educator. This class is optional and is available in Red Wing.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by e-mail to answer brief questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
All interested participants must register to receive login information. To register or for more information, please call 651-267-5375.