A new medical facility will bring more than continued high-quality health care to Cannon Falls. Other benefits include:
- Increased access to emergency care in time-sensitive, life-threatening situations
- Attraction of new patients from Cannon Falls and neighboring communities
- Stronger viability of Cannon Falls as an attractive place to live and raise a family
- Employment opportunities at the expanded medical center
- Overall positive impact on economic growth in the region
- More opportunities to work with other Mayo Clinic Health System locations, such as Lake City and Red Wing
- More streamlined access to Mayo Clinic
The vision: high-quality primary care close to home and access to expert specialty care when needed.
The story started in 1958, when community leaders had the foresight to open the hospital. It continued in 2006 with Mayo Clinic affiliation, bringing expertise and knowledge in ways not possible before. The new facility begins the next chapter in Cannon Falls’ story.