By learning breathing and relaxation techniques, you can better cope with stressful situations. You also will learn to maximize your energy level. The combined efforts of our healthcare professionals and your motivation will improve your quality of life.
Our comprehensive, 12-week program consists of small group sessions taught by a team of health care professionals. Exercise is also an integral component of the program.
- Physical conditioning
- Living with chronic respiratory disease
- Relaxation techniques
- Home respiratory equipment
- Breathing retraining
- Pacing yourself in daily activity
- Advance directives
- Coping skills
In addition to individualized attention, the small group sessions offer you the opportunity for social support with others who share similar experiences. All services are provided on an outpatient basis.
You can have more control over the way you feel. Pulmonary rehabilitation has been shown to:
- Improve quality of life
- Improve capability for carrying out daily activities
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Reduce anxiety, panic and depression
- Increase feelings of control and self-esteem
- Assist in developing a support system
- Promote independence
- Reduce hospitalization and health problems
Medicare, Medical Assistance or private insurance carriers often cover costs of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
For information, call 715-537-9977.