Sports Medicine services are available at Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin and area schools. Sports Medicine is beneficial for the prevention and treatment of sports related injuries.
Our staff cares for both student and recreational athletes. Sports Medicine services include evaluation and treatment of:
- Sports injuries (excluding spine/back)
- Osteoarthritis (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle, foot)
- Tendon injuries | tendinitis, strains, partial tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bursitis (shoulder, knee, hip, ankle)
- Evaluating and treating tendon injuries | tendinitis, strains, partial tears
- Developing individualized treatment and exercise programs
- Providing outpatient rehabilitation (with physician referral)
- Teaching injury prevention techniques to coaches and athletes
- Assisting with pre-participation sports physicals
- Providing first aid and emergency care at local high school sporting events
For additional information or to schedule a sports medicine appointment, call 507-434-1999.
Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin offers the FAST procedure, a minimally invasive treatment designed to remove tendon scar tissue.