- baseline patient assessment
- nutritional counseling
- risk factor management (lipids, hypertension, weight, diabetes and smoking)
- psychosocial management
- physical activity counseling
- exercise training
The Education Component
Education will increase your awareness of coronary disease- its causes, prevention and treatment. Classes are incorporated into the scheduled sessions.
The Exercise Component
Phase II helps you develop a regular heart-strengthening exercise routine. Exercise programs are individually tailored and may include the following equipment:
- Arm Ergometer
- Hand Weights
Participates will attend sessions three times weekly for one hour up to 24 sessions. The number of sessions may vary.
Most insurance, health maintenance organizations and government reimbursement plans will cover 80% of the program cost. Questions should be directed to your specific provider.
Your physician will refer you to the program.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Rubber soled shoes with arch support are recommended
- Do not eat a heavy meal prior to exercise session
- Medication should be taken on your normal schedule
Return to the Cardiac Rehabilitation homepage