The “Take H.O.L.D.” (Hypertension/Obesity/HyperLipidemia/Diabetes) program, is a 12-week series geared toward individuals who have risk factors or family history of high blood pressure, obesity, high cholesterol and/or diabetes.
Participants in the class will learn about:
- Importance of prevention
- Healthy eating strategies and choices
- Exercise - benefits and action plan
- Overview of the disease process
- Stress management techniques
- Portion sizes
- Navigating around eating out
- Learn how to read a nutrition label
- Grocery store tour - with helpful hints!