The Franciscan Healthcare Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Disorders Center has received notification from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) that the Center has been accredited by the Board for five years (through July 2, 2017). The attainment of accredited status is based on an evaluation of the technical quality of the Electroencephalographic (EEG) tests performed in the Center. This is the second five-year accreditation earned by the Center.
“We commend (the Center) on your desire to continue to promote excellence and competency among your staff technologists which has had a positive influence on their performance,” wrote John Kuratani, M.D., Chair of the EEG Section of ABRET, in the notification to Franciscan Healthcare.
“We are pleased to receive this recognition and professional confirmation of the quality of work performed by our staff,” says Gregory Pupillo, M.D., Franciscan Healthcare Neurologist and Medical Director for the Center. “It demonstrates the commitment our staff members have towards our patients and finding solutions to their medical issues.”
ABRET seeks to encourage, establish and maintain the highest standards of clinical Electroencephalography, Evoked Potential Technology, and Neurophysiologic Intraoperative and Long Term monitoring, by offering credentialing exams and by supporting lab accreditation. The benefits of having an accredited laboratory include:
• Independent, objective verification of quality management and policies
• Recognition that the laboratory meets established standards
• Enhanced credibility and confidence when data is sent outside the institution or used in court
• An accredited lab can be distinguished from local and regional competitors
• Laboratory Accreditation will improve laboratory image and establishes a reputation for integrity
• A certificate of accreditation will identify the lab’s status to colleagues and patients
The Franciscan Healthcare Neurodiagnostics and Sleep Disorders Center is located on the north end of the fourth floor of the La Crosse Campus Hospital. For additional information please call the Center at extension 2-2871