CANNON FALLS, Minn. — Motorists on Highway 52 will soon notice visible changes to the exterior of Mayo Clinic Health System’s new facility in Cannon Falls. Brick siding of the building’s exterior has begun and is expected to continue for several weeks.
Other recent construction highlights include:
- Flooring and cabinetry being installed in hospital rooms
- Bath tile and light fixtures mounted in bathroom locations
- Room painting in main and lower levels of the building
- Elevator shaft construction underway
- Electrical, HVAC and plumbing being finalized
Construction of the new 92,000 square foot medical center began in April, 2013 and is expected to be complete in July, 2014. In the new facility, patients can anticipate expanded services and accommodations that will offer privacy and comfort. A grand opening celebration is being planned and details will be announced in the coming weeks.