Fountain Centers Extended Care program provides specific treatment services for adults with chronic, relapsing substance use problems, or those who are at high risk for relapse due to the extent of use or types of substances used.
Criteria for Admission:
- 18 years of age or older
Medical condition directly related to or exacerbated by alcohol or drug use
- Resistance to change and low motivation
- High risk for relapse
Non-supportive or poorly functioning recovery environment
Admissions may be arranged by calling 507-377-6411
800-533-1616 Monday through Friday between
8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Individual and group counseling services are provided and family involvement in the treatment process is strongly encouraged. Physical, spiritual, nutritional and recreational needs of the patient are met throughout the patient's stay.
- Average length of stay is 60 to 90 days
- Staffed 24 hours a day
- Treatment interventions help individuals develop relapse prevention skills, become involved in groups that promote abstinence (such as AA and NA), and learn skills for healthy living
- Daily meditation (i.e. yoga, guided imagery)
- Staff are trained in behavioral intervention using positive reinforcements
- Individuals stay in a community-based residence in Albert Lea, MN
- Assistance given to establish aftercare living arrangements that enhance living a substance-free lifestyle
- Licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and Joint Commission accredited
Extended Care Sample Daily Schedule
What to bring when entering the Extended Care program
Return to Fountain Centers homepage