Next Class: 02/25/2017
Community Education: Healthy Heart Fair
4800 Golf Road
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
This fair will feature informational booths, screenings, talks, children’s activities and prize drawings. Check your blood sugar and cholesterol levels, including a complete lipid panel. Join several experts for educational talks.
- See the equipment used in heart surgery.
- Test your knowledge of heart facts, and have a chance to win prizes.
- Get your cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure checked.
- See live echocardiography demonstrations.
- Complete your advance directive.
- Talk to health care staff about treating heart disease.
- Peek inside an ambulance.
- Take a selfie with a dragon.
- Dance along with our DJ.
- Hula hoop for a chance to win prizes.
Free Health Talks
- 10 a.m. — “Advanced heart valve surgeries that help you recover faster” by Thomas Carmody, M.D., and Robert Wiechmann, M.D., cardiovascular surgeons
- 11 a.m. — “Love your Lipids” by Andrew Calvin, M.D., cardiologist
- 1 p.m. — Make your own trail mix demonstration